Monday, November 9, 2009

What Is A Hero?


What Is A Hero?

A hero is a person who can help you during times that you really need it whether it's breaking up with your boyfriend or in a fight. They are always there to help you when you are hurt verbally, physically, or spiritually. They are always on your side.
The Hero In My Eyes project was a way of expressing your opinion on what a hero is and who you think your hero is. I think that this project forces you to think about why this person is your hero and why you think that way.
To get to my final product of the Hero In My Eyes project, I had to go through several steps. One, I had to interview my dad to figure out what he was doing in the Vietnam War. Second, I had to write the first draft. This gave me more information of the perspectives of the reader. With my second draft, I had to turn it in through e-mail to Mrs. Charlotte. I was sick at the time and I was feeling dreadful. Honestly, I was just hoping that the e-mail got to Charlotte. For the third draft, I had recovered from my cold (with a fever), and worked on my corrections. This finally came to my very hard earned (and successful) final draft.
Looking back on what I had done to get to my final product, I think that I could have had better questions to ask my dad during the interview. This way, he could give me more information on what he was doing during the war. This will help me get more information from other people in the future. One of my many challenges that kept me from thinking straight was, in part, having a cold (with a fever). I just hate how your head gets all fuzzy when you get sick!
For this project, I think that I used Perspective a lot when I was writing my drafts. Instead of doing second person like most of the other students in my class, I decided to do first person because I thought that people would like to know what he was thinking about while he was fighting a war. This way, I felt like you could see how he was feeling clearer than you would if I had used second person.
To see my blog post on my Hero In My Eyes project, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment